Looking Backward with Tsunade
Hey all, this is Mollie (Ibiki Teishi) and I want to introduce you to another Naruto fanfic writer: lovesrainscent. loves is one of my favorite authors, so I think you’re going to like her a lot, too. Please take a minute to give her stuff a try and introduce yourselves; I’m sure she’ll appreciate the welcome.
We have some great things planned for fanfic here at awesomeness…exciting things. It’s killing me I can’t spill the beans yet, but I’m pleased to kick off this first bit of expansion: bringing loves on board.
One of the things she does really well is find the emotional, soft underbelly of the characters she writes about. As big of a narutard as I am, I usually find myself leaving her fics smacking myself on the forehead and saying “Oh, NOW I get why that character is like that…it all makes sense now.” Somehow she can get me sympathetic and weepy for the darndest characters (although I still haven’t forgiven her for giving me empathy for Kabuto ^.^).
Since Tsunade, last of the three Sannin, appears to be on her way out of the story soon, I thought we might have a tour of the inside of her head. These stories move in order into Tsunade’s past, and the ending might leave you in need of a theory discussion. loves will do the driving, you just have to keep an open mind; sit back and enjoy the view. We’ve got a five-part trip planned for you, and so tune in weekly on Sunday evenings to get the latest. Enjoy!
1. Fragments: When the second of the three Sannin dies, Tsunade contemplates the ritual of sake. Alone.
2. Ghosts and Memories, Tea and Tears: Sometimes even a Hokage needs a mentor; Tsunade learns the importance of grieving.
3. Can’t You See: a covert mission, a closet and two Sannin in close quarters leads somewhere, but the interpretation of what happened goes two different ways. loves speculates about what drove both Tsunade and Jiraiya far away from Konoha before the start of the series. (This one has a mature audiences warning on it, there is obviously a sexual situation and some swearing, so if that’s going to bother you, please do not click the link.)
4. Trinity: back in their youth, before things went sour, the three legendary ninja seek shelter in a dump of a hotel room on a dark and stormy night.
5. Never Enough Sake: just how far will a Hokage go to provide for the future of his village?