You’re Invited…to an Awesomeness Party
What: Yes, you read that right, An Awesomeness Party
Why: because the site is about to roll over the hit count to 1 Million hits, and all those zeroes make me crazy. ^.^
Who: we’re celebrating the 1 Millionth hit by putting together a special tribute to YOU, the readers/commenters who make this place complete awesomeness.
When: Soon, but only the traffic on the site will tell exactly when. This might even happen in time for Valentine’s Day (February 14th) or even President’s Day (February 16th for those of you outside the States).
How: I’m putting a post together as a salute to all commenters. (That means you!) But I need your help. Here’s how:
- Make sure you are signed in. Don’t have a logon? You can get one here.
- In the contact form below, write a tribute to your favorite commenter (maybe even yourself)
- Keep it brief (150 words max).
- Only one submission will be accepted per user name. If you mess something up and resubmit, any earlier submission will be automatically deleted.
- You can say whatever you like, but bear in mind I might not include your post if I have to handle it with asbestos gloves. (It’s a party, let’s leave any flames to the candles on the cake and the shrimp on the barbie.)
- Examples of great contributions: remind everyone about that comment or pic or review that still makes you laugh OR give props to another commenter who really breaks you up OR whatever you can come up with, I want to feel the love people.
Remember, the theme is ‘salute to the commenters’, and so although compliments about the site or the posts are welcome (*blush*) this party is supposed to be about you, not us. I’ll stop taking comments at 980,000 hits. I don’t know what day that will be, but you can keep an eye on the hit count in the lower part of the right hand menu bar on every awesomeness page.
If you’re a long time commenter/contributor (*cough* or a sannin *cough*) who has been here from the beginning, I’d like to feature your top 3 favorite memories of the first 1 million hits. I’ve seen that you’ve been digging through the moldy archives, I know you’re ready for this. Please, please, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to boost the party’s level over 9,000 (and I hope you do).
[We’re at 980,000 and that means the entries are closed]
Okay, so now the really exciting bit. I’m trying to add an interactive feature or two to this party, like a chat room discussion or trivia contests with prizes throughout the day or a music playlist, or…whatever you can come up with. (It’s your event!) We can’t have an actual barbeque or cake, but we could do some other fun things.
If you have suggestions for the interactive bit of the party, leave them in the comments below.
As we get closer to the magic number, I’ll schedule the interactive bits and post the date of the festivities on this page. Woo hoo!