Ahhhh… The theory post. The post that was promised 2 weeks ago but was pushed aside by my final exams. So quickly time passes when you have so much to do.
As promised, I picked the 3 best submissions for the theory post and here they are in no particular order by: Elfarren, a new comer with a focused and common sensed based style; Renzy, a writer who falls pray to the same insecurities that I do over using “…” and “lol” and “HAHA” with in his writing and lastly the talented fanfic writer/Editor of iareawesomeness, Ibikiteishi. Followed by bonus predictions that cover almost every aspect of the manga, from the Ying/Yang 9tailed chakra to who shot JFK by your resident theory nut job Alec who serves up heavy doses of “thus” and “this” for your prediction lovin ass. He basically gave the structure of the prediction survey the finger and said F it, “I’ll ride this bitch like a rented mule and see what it produces.” I think his brain just vomitted onto his computer, awesomess… Click HERE if you don’t remember the questions that they are answering… Alec is answering the voices in his head… (I’m just giving him a hard time cause he is an OG on this blog and I wouldn’t have posted it, if I didn’t like it, so enjoy ^_^
Name : Elfarren
1.) “That” jutsu is definitely not the Rasengan. I say that because at the start of part two, Jiraiya tells Naruto not to use “that” jutsu right before he goes off to help save Gaara. That happens before Naruto learns wind manipulation and before Jiraiya mentions it to the toad before his fight against Pain. If anything, I think “that” jutsu will be something from Jiraiya’s arsenal that he teaches Naruto, much like Kakashi teaching Sasuke Chidori. Looking back on Jiraiya’s fights against Itachi/Kisame and Pain, I’d even wager to guess that it’s got to do with toads or his hair-based jutsu (Needle Jizo).
2. The main point to look at here is that Kishimoto made sure to say the Yang chakra has been sealed away. Yang is the masucline side, and Ying the feminine, so if tweaking the masculine side’s seal brought out four-tails Naruto, what do you think would happen if it was all released? It doesn’t take a great leap of imagination to see Minato must have realized a child could never contain such power, which is why he makes a key. When the time is right and Naruto has enough control over himself and his emotions, he’ll use the key to unleash his full potential. My only other theory here is that each kind of chakra possesses its own capabilities. If sage chakra strengthens spiritual and physical chakra, I’m sure Kishimoto has broken down the “rules” of Naruto’s universe even more, and that we’ll be finding out what Ying vs. Yang chakra is all about sooner than later.
3.) Madara strikes me as “the man behind the curtain” in many respects. Let’s run down the list of things he’s done that have directly influenced the storyline so far: A. he helped found Konoha, B. he released the Demon Fox, acting as the catalyst for Naruto becoming a Jinchuriki, and C. he helps Itachi kill the Uchiha clan, setting Sasuke on the path for revenge.
How he’s still alive after so many years aside, it’s very plain to see that Madara is like a fulcrum which tips the ninja world from side to side, and as such, he must have some pretty amazing abilities we haven’t seen yet. I have no idea what they could be, but Madara is the true antagonist of the series at this point, so I’m sure Kishimoto won’t disappoint.
1) ok “that” jutsu its clearly something the fourth never completed… hes either talking about his space/time jutsu or one weve never seen, the space/time he could only utilize if he knew exactly where he was going or if one of his special kunai was thrown but the way i see this is it was probably just extremely high speed movement… or maybe some sort of super wind jutsu i dont really know what it would do though lol
2) my guess is it is probably madara he may have known that madara was still alive somehow… maybe he saw him during gaiden haha but madara had control over the kyuubi, so if naruto can control its chakra combined with his own and sage which im sure minato would know jiraiya would teach naruto some toad stuff and eventually put him through the sage training, he could beat madara… possibly with “that” jutsu, maybe it beats sharingan somehow lol
3) seeing as how oro was in akatsuki and he desperately wanted the sharingan, why would he leave because he was scared of itachi? maybe he had knowledge of madara and madara wanted itachis eyes as well… that could have scared him away, jiraiya did travel a lot maybe he managed to see or learn about madara through word of mouth oro did have the whole sound village, someone must have known something, also who would have taught oro the body transfer technique?… another reason would be jiraiya must have known a lot about the history of konoha. who were the only 2 to be able to control the kyuubi? madara(whos body never showed up after he was “killed”) and the first who was a hokage so im sure his body was buried…
extended kinda haha… madara became mizukage (hidden mist) yahiko nagato and konan guess what hidden mist… im sure jiraiya had some knowledge about foreign villages due to his traveling… and if kisame knew madara as a mizukage who else would know? isnt a sharingan hard to hide when you lead a powerful village? someone must have known about it
thats all lol hope you enjoy my little rant ( :
1. “That” jutsu. You’re right, this has nothing to do with rasengan or he would have just called it by name. When Kakashi takes Naruto on his first mission after time skip, Jiraiya mentions “that” jutsu to Naruto as well. And he’s just filled Kakashi in about the slipping seal. My guess is the references are to one and the same thing, the first one a clue to the nature of “that” jutsu and the second one the big ass hammer that says “Wake the F up, reader, this is important.” It’s a hammer because Jiraiya’s actions and eventual death really underscore this conversation. To me, “that” jutsu seemed to be a warning not to allow the fox’s chakra to come out. Something Naruto agrees not to do, but is a little careless about until Sakura gets hurt. I think J-man and Naruto were working on some sort of merging jutsu, something that starts with Naruto accessing and controlling the fox’s chakra–like a sage technique only with the fox, completely uncharted territory. My guess is, this is something completely unique that only *begins* this way, and has several steps to be mastered before it actually shows itself. (Drawing on Jiraiya’s method of teaching rasengan as a parallel.) I think the thing Naruto has been working on in the middle of the night is something different, and related to his resengan. My guess there is he can actually throw the dang thing now. Although, this mountain leveling jutsu may also just be a step he and Jiraiya had already discussed in how to complete “that” jutsu. I also think it will have something to do with the other tailed demons. Which leads me to 2.
2. Yang chakra and Minato’s knowledge of great importance. I think we’re still uncovering this knowledge. It has something to do with Madara and the other demons, it also has something to do with Pain and the original badass of the Rinnegan. Yin and yang represent balance, so part of the shock (I think) of only sealing part of the energy into someone is that the power is lopsided. A good part of Asian cultural ideals are based on the Confucian principles of balance and moderation. So far we’ve learned how chakra is “grown” and where it comes from and how it can be controlled. We’ve learned that it tends to have elemental natures, and a mysterious 6th element is about to be revealed. Yin and yang energy has been mentioned, but not thoroughly explained. My guess is once Naruto starts mastering his elemental work (and fire and water will be next, fire because it’s a natural fit with the fox’s chakra, and water because, duh, Sasuke). Then, somebody’s going to sit him down to talk about yin vs. yang and I’ll have a better guess. At this point, I think once Naruto can access/control the yang of the fox, it will call the yin, and he’s going to have to struggle for a bit with balance. This is just another step in the path toward mastering “that” jutsu. I also think that this pull of yin will bring the other tails to him, so that no matter what Pain and/or Madara have planned to do with the beasts, Naruto’s going to be able to control them once he finally completes “that” jutsu. Not just from badass attacks, but from the power of the jutsu itself.
3. Madara’s longevity is a mystery. And I can’t say I really like Tobito theories, but I think I prefer them to “he just zapped himself from then to now with his magic time shifting jutsu.” Pardon me…must barf. Somehow time is being bent, or Uchiha has a cryo tank or Madara is possessing bodies (a la Oro) to live impossibly long. Time shifting gets too weird for me, and it blows up too much reality for me to think about it seriously for too long. I start thinking, F it, someone go back and fetch Minato from before he died, Sakumo, Jiraiya, Sarutobi, Asuma…and build a time jump army and be done. blech. Hibernation? Okay, possible. A stasis jutsu? Seems like it would need a support team…and maybe this is why Uchiha was systematically exterminated by orders from the top? Of course, if Madara had the power to invade, possess and exploit compatible bodies…the physical nature of his survival starts to be explainable. And, damn it, it puts me back thinking about Tobito (seriously, I want to kill whoever came up with that theory, because it makes so damn much sense on some levels and just can’t be eliminated by any use of canon). It also makes the extermination of Uchiha a sensible option. This is especially true if Minato knew the scale of the threat was big enough to warrant locking a natural disaster inside your newborn son and leaving him an orphan. AND Itachi was allowed to live, as long as he could procure the MS and defend himself against Madara. In fact, my guess is the brothers were planned as bait from way back, just to get Tobitodara to make his move. Jeez, this makes Sasuke fate’s bitch all the way around, almost as much as Naruto.
Okay, that was some serious wind baggery. Better not light a match for a minute–it’s best to let the hot air difuse. Or start up a fan.
First off J man brings up a point with the yin and the yang chakra being separated. It sounds as if the yin has been sealed away within the death god technique, and not inside Naruto as previously thought. The death god takes both the souls of the target and the user, thus making it once it has your soul there is nothing that can be done (as of note it seems human realm is also able to take a person’s soul, but we’ll have to wait and see on that). Much like sarutobi ended the jutsu with only oro’s arms, Minato could have ended the jutsu with only the yin chakra of the fox being taken.
This would serve two uses, first it makes the death god happy because even half of the fox is a shit load of energy and probably gave him some indigestion. The second is that it gives Naruto a shit load of chakra to fall back upon when he’s in a crunch. The yin chakra is a more docile and softer version of the fox, and though it would more likely cooperate with Naruto, it would be incredibly weaker than full force. The yang chakra, which would be the stronger more violent side of the fox, would however be much stronger, probably even than full fox because the yin would be there too limit the excess of power the yang would have (almost like averages).
This would give naruto unbelievable energy, but it is unconstrained as one can see when Naruto goes four tails. This means that if there were any way to control this chakra it would be stronger and more powerful than the original fox because it lack the constraints of its yin half.
The advantage to this is it makes Naruto uber powerful, and if anyone were ever to take the fox out of him, there plan would not bear fruit because of the imbalance. Itachi mentions that the fox must be captured last because it is so powerful that the king of hell statue would fall apart without the other eight tails in it. The same would happen if only the yang were to be locked inside because of its power and pure evil, it would crumble the statue doing god knows what. So it would give Naruto a nearly unlimited supply of chakra when channeled and yet if anyone were to take it, it would have a fail-safe.
In second effect, the jutsu Jiraya refers to, could be the death god once again. Yet this time the death god would take the other half of the fox instead of Naruto’s soul. Minato might have foreseen that it was indeed Madara and if he indeed were behind the summoning, he would be incredibly powerful and possibly even immortal, thus leaving death god as the only way of truly stopping Madara. And yet the seal could force the death god to take the fox instead of the summoner’s soul. Thus ridding the world of both Madara, or whoever was powerful enough to summon the fox and the rest of the fox at the same time. Thus with the sacrifice of his life, Minato could rid the world of both the fox, and this super powerful villain at some point.
A second point goes directly into the control of the fox. I believe at some point kishi will try to connect the fourth and Itachi together in the plot to get rid of Madara or whomever summoned the fox. Not directly together though, but a last order Minato left to the elders (mostly Danzo). The fourth is a very nice and decent person to those close enough to him, but if you were not on his side he was efficiently ruthless and cold hearted. Notice that his fighting style is quick and direct, he wants it over as soon as possible. With the lone ninja from the stone for example, and the others (in that entire platoon of fifty ninja, how many do you think he left alive, or in the squad that came to kill Kakashi and rin?).
Though not a man Danzo would be too proud of, Minato was incredibly cold hearted and ruthlessly efficient with those who opposed the leaf, a style that Danzo would hold as a prime example of what the leaf should be, compared to that of the third. Minato arrived to the scene late, probably because he was going over last minute plans with the elders in a top-secret meeting. In which he discussed that only an Uchiha can control the fox, and thus that one must be found and entrusted to help Naruto with the fox.
The elders agreed to find one (yet they probably went to the extreme when they found their trusty uchiha). Itachi was found because he was willing to kill his entire family for the village’s sake. This would be there agent to help Naruto control the fox. As a note, the fourth had no idea as to whom they would pick (itachi was only like 5 years old), or how but he did tell them that an uchiha must be found. On another tangent, this would be the threat that itachi held against the leaf. Not only would he come back to the leaf if they harmed saskue, but also he would release the rest of the fox and destroy the entire village. This is something the elders would fear, not only was itachi probably the third or fourth strongest the village had ever produced, but he would have the fox which no one would be able to fight.
And thus Danzo could not harm saskue and finish the Uchiha, and he could not kill Naruto because he was the one person who could eventually rise up and stop madara. This would explain Itachi’s warning that he would hope that Naruto would never need the help of the power because that would mean that madara has finally attacked the leaf and that the only way is to release the violent and nearly uncontrollable side of the fox, which is last minute because even if you were to stop Madara, the fox could get loose and finish the job anyway.
That’s it for theories on background stuff, lets get to some future predictions. 1) Kakashi gets stopped by his father on his walk of death and told to return and be the hero his friends and master were. He loses the sharingan as it finally burns out but in the process gives all the chakra it had taken from Kakashi throughout the years, giving the new white fang a new source of energy versus pein (it returns to a normal eye state, never again going sharingan). Kakashi gets newfound power and all the amazing techniques he has seen but took too much chakra, he can now use and begins to attack pein with increasing power.
2) Tsunade has to die, and if not versus pein, then it will be versus Danzo who commits a coup against Tsunade in her weakened state. This would be supported by the other two elders, and thus no one can contend Danzo as the new hokage. Though this would be short lived because Saskue would soon attack, and with the help of Naruto and Sakura would kill (most likely beat the crap out of and leave alive) the elders in order to regain power and avenge their fallen persons.
They’d have a little get together, but Saskue would leave because he is a douche, jk, he’d leave because he would say that he still has one more man to go after before he can rest in peace about his vengeance on those who betrayed the uchiha. Sakura would want to fight but Naruto would stop her telling her that there’s no time to fight and they need to rebuild Konoha before they can meet Saskue again. As they say goodbye, Saskue looks into Naruto’s eyes because he is now more curious about the fox and in front of the gate he sees a key.
He asks the frog what he’s there for, and the frog hypnotized, says he the key to open up the gate. Saskue reaches for the key, only to find Itachi’s hand grab his own saying “now is not the time, but soon I’ll reveal everything to you my little brother”, Saskue is then forced out by itachi back to the outside.
They part ways once again, yet this time with a better feeling then the last two times. On the way out saskue runs into Kakashi, they briefly exchange some facts, one Saskue notices first that kakashi is no longer wearing a mask, and second that his left eye is no longer a sharingan. Kakashi then briefly mentions to be careful with Madara, as he fought the first and has survived all these years. Saskue is surprised he knows, but kakashi says be careful because something isn’t quite right with madara (hints at that he suspects Madara to be obito in some form). Saskue, then asks one last question, “How strong has he become?”… Kakashi answers that he has surpassed any other living ninja currently in konoha and is right behind saskue, and catching up fast, just like last time, which Kakashi chuckles at the irony. Saskue smiles and disappears with the rest of hawk.
Later Karin asks if they should have killed naruto then because he might be able to stop Saskue, Saskue says no, that Naruto will be of more help to him in the end then anyone else can foresee at the moment. Kakashi becomes the sixth hokage, but hands it off to Naruto officially, but volunteers to act as hokage so he can go out and fight Madara and pein, who is still alive because Nagato is still alive.
3) BONUS!!!: Kakashi is on the verge of death after the pein fight (he did come back to life, but he kept the sharingan unlike my previous prediction). Sakura is crying over kakashi and also for the loss of tsunade. Kakashi says not to worry, take his sharingan (sakura has lost one of her eyes at this point). Sakura doesn’t want too, but kakashi tells her he won’t need it where he’s going, not to mention that is can still be used for good to help konoha. With this sakura gains the sharingan, and all that it has seen (a great way of caring info that a dying kakashi has no time to explain), along with sakura’s more chakra, she can use it w/out wearing out as quick. Kakashi’s last words are to protect Naruto, get saskue back, and protect the village in the way kakashi never was able too.
Now that was short-range predictions, the next few will be for future arcs.
1) Kabuto will at some point help the leaf because he has always been back in forth with what he wants to do. He also highly respects Naruto and will no doubt help him defeat Akatsuki in some way. But he will return as a villain near the end of the series, probably the last one too as to show the changing of the generation as Jiraya, Tsunade, Madara, and oro have all been killed.
2) Kisame is undoubtedly a curious character. My belief is that he will not change sides so quickly. He is not as sharp as itachi or madara and even though he seems to have had problems with madara in the past, he is very well content with causing as much chaos and destruction as possible. Notice how he is a shark, and thus enjoys being the predator rather than the prey. He is also very confusing in that he had a great relationship with itachi, even considering him superior in all aspects.
This may because the sharingan can control monsters (kisame), or because he was in for the plan of eventually stopping madara (who itachi and kisame could not take on there own especially with pein as madara’s bitch). So kisame could be fitting to make the world more stable or he will join whatever side has the funest fight (much like Kenpachi, ironically, like kenpachi does not know the name of his sword, Kisame may only be able to use one element, which isn’t a problem with his strength).
Whichever way kisame goes (and not in that meaning), he is a crapshoot with anyone’s guess as good as another’s. A prime example of a random shot in the dark.
3)Pein will stay against Naruto because as long as there are multiple villages, there will be war. He might go against madara though because he did “cry” when tobi/madara said “the true power of the sharingan”. But he will definitely remain against Naruto, probably being the most dangerous enemy after saskue knocks off madara. At some point.
Info: I’m not even going to go and try with the Raikage and that shit, that is just so open ended I’ll just sit back and hopefully get to enjoy whatever kishi decides to do with it.